Sunday, July 31, 2005

Emergency Room

Yesterday I was in the emergency room @ the hospital (nothing to do with me) and this guy comes up to me with his 3/4 severed thumb and gets within centimetres of my face talking about fuck knows what. I can't remember much of what he said I was too horrified about having my personal space invaded by "thumb's up" dude. Now, why do People(tm) find it necessary to talk to me?? Do I LOOK like someone who wants to have a casual conversation?? I'm sitting there waiting and watching the horrific movie "Troy" and just trying to avoid all germinal contact whatsoever. I look mean, don't I? Wait, no, don't answer that. Hey! Everyone! Go talk to the cute little fat chick! She looks friendly! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I know all their tricks. Attempting a humourous comment, walking passed slowly, giving a smile, displaying severed body parts. Ok, so you're brave enough to approach the chickie with the skeleton purse... fine. Do NOT get into my space. This is mine!! MINE! Don't stare at my boobs, although, heh "they're real and they're spectacular". Don't breathe your alcohol tainted breath in my face. Didn't the "hand covering mouth/nose" give you any indication?? Hmmm, maybe I'm a bit loopy about this because I didn't say anything. Under the current circumstances with his thumb hanging on my a small flap of skin and tendon it wouldn't have been good to add insult to injury. HOWEVER... does that still make it ok? Does that excuse the behaviour at all? Normally, Mr. Thumbalina would have gotten an earful. Oh my, the fat girl's got a mouth. Normally, I would have got medieval on his ass and told him to shove his thumb in places we only whisper about. Normally... ugh! Anything is BUT NORMAL in the emergency room. But...

Rule of thumb (heh). AN ARM'S LENGTH! I can't stress this enough People(tm)!! NOT a severed thumb length. AN ARM'S LENGTH.

MmmmK. Admittedly, I'm probably not the most menacing character out there. I so need to work on that.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrowl!