Monday, September 11, 2006

the elusive yoga mat

so i've started a yoga class @ my work during noon hour on fridays. i absoloooovely luff it. but i've had to borrow guggsy's yoga mat in the interim. the past while i have been on a rather labourous task to find a yoga mat. not that ago you had only one kind of mat to "choose":
plain. blue. blah.
now, there are SO MANY to choose from. all sorts of colour, atyles, weights, functions, etc. it has become, in a way, rather ridiculous. and my quest, as i have chosen to accept it, has been to find the right mat that feels right with my chi/cha/cho/chu and outfit (kidding!).
however this search, to find something that i find pleasing and relaxing, has proven to be more daunting that i imagined. it appears that, along with me, everyone has hopped onto the yoga train and bought up all the lovely mats! what "selection" is left is rather dismal:
plain. blue. blah.
my search has taken me to several stores that i, otherwise, do not frequent. ie) wal*mart. i followed lead after lead only coming to one sad end after another. until at last... *cue heavenly choir* EUREKA!! (this bath-water is cold!)
my colour of choice is green. that lovely fern colour that you can spot in the photo. it is divinely soothing, dont you think??

i am totally excited to wear out that "new yoga mat" smell!

ZEN.......