Tuesday, May 30, 2006

imagine that... another list...

Deserted Island Must-Haves
(Semi-Deserted and Rather Luxurious Island Must-Haves)

So imagine that you are going to be stuck on a deserted island for the rest of your life. Dun dun dunnn! You can bring three things from each of the following catergories. What would you chose to bring?

Books:

1. The Hobbit - Everyone needs Tolkien. And since its ONE book, I can't very well choose the five LOTR books. The Silmarillion would be another good choice, but it exhausts me to read an entire page in one sitting!!

2. Civilization and Its Discontents - This book changed my life. Sigmund Freud, although some would argue is full of shit, I would say that, amongst his own psychoses, he was a genius.

3. The Discworld Companion - To choose, one Terry Pratchett book would be most difficult, so therefore I would take the companion. This book outlines everything Discworld!

Albums/CDs:

1. Opeth -Damnation

2. U2 - The Joshua Tree

3. Beethoven - Symphonies 1-9 Complete Recording (box set)

People:

1. Mikael Akerfeldt - The singer for Opeth. Positively delicious to listen and watch. And who wouldn't want a death-prog metal singer on a deserted island??

2. Bono - Also wonderful to listen and watch. And, like the above, I imagine his conversations would never be dull.

3. Terry Pratchett - Author of the Discworld books and many others as well. His humour is frightfully amusing and I adore his work!

Movies:

1. A Clockwork Orange - My favourite movie of all time. Malcolm McDowell is YUMMY!

2. The Godfather - This movie is #1 on IMDB for a reason, yo.

3. Metal: A Headbanger's Journey - Music, interviews, music!! I love this film.

I mean, my list, most likely, will change in a few weeks but there's where it sits at this very moment.