Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Watch This!

I am full of paradoxes. I work a "boring" job as an accountant which requires pragmatism, logic and patience, yet I am a kinda off-the-wall-air-headed and so NOT patient. I try to do my best to conserve energy, recycle and be a good steward of the environment, but yet I drive an SUV to haul my huge-ass dogs around. I hate commonality and structure but yet I live in the suburbs. I wear mostly black, brown and dark greens but my underoos are every selection of the rainbow. I am disgusted by most people in the world and would hazard to guess I have a strong to extreme hatred of them but love making new friends and learning different things from them. Heh… Maybe that was too much to reveal...
The point is that I know we're all full of these inconsistencies. Which is why hunting for my "perfect watch" this weekend while in Toronto was a bit ironical. I hate the concept of time. My watch on my wrist is more for fashion than for function. Yet, I searched the shoppes on
Yonge street for the perfect kick-ass watch. Something that said "I dare you to ask me what time it is!" Something similar to the uber kick-ass watch I purchased in Newport Beach a year ago. It had a thick wrist band that was double-notched and had silver stars stamped onto it. The glass face was arched with beveled edges and on the face itself was a double-lined star. Unfortunately, it suffered an ill-fate @ the bowling alley late last summer. R.I.P. Finally, at a kiosk in Yorkdale Mall I found an awesome new watch!! And then again, at the Bay, another one. Which do I choose? Both, of course. Black and dead sexy was choice number one. Brown and trendy was choice number two. Thank you Fossil ©.
So yah, what was I talking about again?.....