Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Ding!

So as some of you might know... I play World of Warcraft. I started back in September and have been playing a LOT of Warcraft!! I started off with a Female Dwarf Warrior named Thrashar and have managed to get her to level 10 (she's on another server)!!! Whooo! Impressive isn't it?

Well, actually in mid September I created my Night Elf Druid (Nelf Drood to the gamer-type-people! A little shout-out to you all!). I started leveling her up slowly. Uhhh, VERY slowly... I was in a little guild of friends (people I know from outside of game) and when they had all started to reach a certain level they moved on to a larger guild that did more raiding --FMH--. Raiding happens when you reach "end-game". End-game consists of raiding high-level dungeons, slaying huge monsters in the form of (then) 40-man raid groups (yes, 40 real life people banding together to kill/defeat or... well, hope not... wipe in a dungeon to obtain uber items to enter more difficult dungeons and kill more difficult creature to obtain uber uber items to... well, you get the picture)... This was all once achieved (and attunement could be started a couple levels before) at level 60.

In Novmeber, on a bit of a whim, I was encouraged to apply to this guild when Moeriel (Moe as she is fondly nicked) was a wee baby druid of level 26 *shock... gasp... oooo* Anyway, I got in and have been with the same guild ever since since... In January of 2007, Blizzard introduced The Burning Crusade... Making people obtain 10 more levels in a completely different continent with different items, dungeons creatures... the whole kit AND kaboodle!!... At this time Moe was level 44-ish... CRIKEY! I had another TWENTY SIX more levels to go!!

Alas... level 60 came... it also went... and there was no rest for me like a lot of guildies had had for the last *whatever* many months or slash years they have been playing! However, I did manage to experience some pretty intense raids in Onyxia and Molten Core... Yay me!... But I still had to make the seemingly ENDLESS climb to level 70...

Today... I achieve that milestone!

Here are some more screenies of what my character looks like now (this is her then)...

Moe atop a cliff outside of Shattrath City

Moe in Flightform
(achieved at level 68)
(Druids have shape-shift abilities -- see screenies of the other shifts I can do)

Moe in Moonkin Form
(31 Points in the Balance Tree)
This is my "spec"... Balance Druid with a bit of Resto...

Moe in Travel Form
(achieved at level 30)

Moe in Cat Form
(achieved at level 20)

Moe in Bear Form
(first shape-shift form given @ level 10)

There are still TONS of things for me to do in WoW... End-game attunement for large raids, rep grinding to do for certain factions --scryers, consortium, etc etc-- and lots of gold to be made for epic flightform! I have lots to do and I have so much fun doing it!
Anyway, a shout-out to my guildies who happen to read my blog... thanks for all the fish!

Mooning Moe...