Monday, February 05, 2007

...the person fumbling here is me...

I dreamt that I was in an igloo last night. I was carving very intricate etchings into the ice walls and then wiping them down so they would gleam and shine. Inside the igloo was one wrought iron bed with fluffy white sheets. I was wearing a giant parka with a big dead-animal hood but I didn't have anything on my feet. They were bare against the glassy ice floor. I jumped into the bed to snuggle into the softness and fall asleep...
The igloo scene then shifted very busy office building and inside an elevator that was the size of a small dining hall. There were a bunch of very young, soon-to-be executive types riding up and down in the dark elevator chatting about things they really didn't know much about, but using "le jargon" to make themselves sound very important. I stood there and pushed buttons and rode the elevator with them wishing I was back in the igloo and wondering how I ever got into that elevator...