Sunday, April 02, 2006

i had a craving yesterday...

and here is what it was...
and so now i sit, almost 02:00 MDT singing my head off to "close every door to me". i think there's something the matter with my noodle. im not a big andrew lloyd i-stole-that-music-from-pink-floyd webber, but for some reason i needed to listen to this production. maybe its the utter cheeseyness of it all that i was craving. i can't put my finger on the reason why i wanted to hear this, but as i sit here and sing it -completely off-key- i am reminded of the college production that i went to about 5 times. i was in absolute awe of how amazing these kids who were *my* age could perform so professionally. and it was a brilliant performance. i can't remember the name of the fellow that played joseph, but i remember his voice. i remember his face. i remember the guy that played benjamin and how he was incredibly beautiful with his long dark hair. i remember thinking to myself... *THIS* is what college was supposed be. experiencing anything and everything. and when you come from a small town in the middle of nowhere, like i did, ANYTHING was an experience. i loved to going to one-act plays, college theatre projects, art-house movie theatres @ university, "sleeping-bag-theatre" in the quad, jazz-coffee-houses, indie concerts... i guess maybe i was feeling a bit nostalgic in some way. going back to something familiar. maybe that particular performance was an awakening in my educational journey. opening me up to all sorts of experience. or maybe im just a sucker for donny osmond!!!