Wednesday, April 26, 2006

blink

Isn't it all about perspective? Life can change in the blink of an eye. One day you're waking up to a relatively normal day and the next your world is thrown into uncertainty. It could be little, by some standards, but to you it’s a whole fugging lot of change.

Well, I guess that’s the reality of perspective. My version of horrid and unbearable is "another Saturday night" to someone out there. I have to keep this in mind. Actually, I always keep it in mind, which is maybe one of the key reasons I don’t open up to anyone. Hey, we all know those people that, when you tell them something, immediately think of something bigger or better or more terrible or more sad, in ANY way, its just *more*. Their reality -their perspective- is one that overshadows everyone else. No one can compare to their pain, their hardship, their glory or their luck. I say: Go sod yourself. No matter where you are in this world, one perspective should always be constant: there is always someone out there that is better than you at something. But, I digress.

Things change. For better or for worse. Yes, I am speaking about MY worse. In the light of something tragic we have two basic courses we can choose. We can wallow. Devour our own self and become self-pitying fools who have only ONE thought on our minds: ourselves. We can avoid dealing with the *real* subject and, knowingly or unknowingly, project our fears and our hurts into other people. We can dodge life. Or, we can suck it up and deal.

I think I'll deal.