Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday the 13th...

i heard on the radio this morning (yah, yah... i know...) that only 1/3 of people like to be scared...

interesting...

personally, i LOVE to be scared!! maybe its that much wanted adrenaline rush afterwards... or that huge anticpation about what's lurking around the next corner... i love the nighttime and the things you can't see that make noises and make your skin crawl...

when i was a little kid... probably around 9ish... i was over @ my grandparents' house, my cousin was there and we were watching the teen-horror flick called "Fun House"... i remember him disappearing to the loo and then him not coming back for quite some time... suddenly every light in the house went out!! i screamed! i looked out of the window and saw the lights on the other houses and buildings were on and then i heard this maniacal laughter coming from the kitchen... i didn't want to move! i slowly slid out of the chair i was sitting in and hid behind it in the corner, in the dark, terrified... i heard someone walking around the living room, the figure being lit by the streetlights shining through the sheer curtains giving it a rather ethereal quality... the chair in front of me began to shake and rock back and forth and i screamed! i jumped up out of the corner and ran through the dining room and into the kitchen... i could hear someone behind me chasing me and i kept thinking "did he get my cousin too???" i ran through the kitchen and down the hall. the person chasing me had stopped. i went to the back door and tried to open it but it wouldn't budge. i couldn't see anything as i was fumbling with the doorhandle, yanking and pulling. NOTHING! it wouldn't move. there was a "cheater-door" from the landing into the side bathroom and i darted through there and opened the closest closet where my grandmum kept her linens and other extras. i crawled into the bottom of the closet, breathing heavy and almost sobbing but wishing i couldn't make a sound... then i heard his voice calling my name... my cousin!!! i was safe!! i ran out of the closet and followed the sound of his voice... it was coming from my grandmother's bedroom... i whispered loudly for him... he kept saying "come this waaaayyy"... very eerily and spookily but my first thought was that he was "ok" and we can get out of this!! i could see him shadowed in her dressing room and then i saw it! in his hands he held a meat cleaver! i screamed and ran back down the hall! WHAT THE HELL??? i ran to the back door again and i could him laughing crazily behind me... slowly stomping down the hallway... i pulled and pulled with all my might and FINALLY managed to unwedge the door... i tripped over the slipper he had shoved under the doorway to prevent me from managing to open it up... i ran! as fast as i could!! i ran down the path and across the street to my grandparent's restaurant... completely barefoot and ran right into my grandmum's arms and told her what my cousin had done to me... i was shaking and crying and very distraught! i had lived through my own real-life horror film...

ingredients:
a house with no parental control
access to a fuse box
horror film already in progress
one scared elementary aged child
one deranged sixteen year old child
grandmum's slipper

its a perfect recipe for shits and giggles...