Thursday, September 21, 2006

Oh the weather outside is frightful!

And I find it so delightful!

When your favourite season approaches
there seems to be something inside of you
that makes your step a little more springy, your smile a bit
wider and your overall mood just... BETTER. I am feeling the winter
coming quickly. Maybe it is speed at which fall was thrust upon us and
that I can smell the snow wanting to fall or maybe it is because I now
feel cozy wearing long-sleeves and full-length pants. I love putting on
my toque and feeling the north wind whipping around me. It is very
comforting and very much like home.

I ran into some busmates the other day. I haven't seen them in a while
b/c I have been getting in later to downtown and consequently I have
been leaving later too. I was happy to see them as I was dressed in my
rain coat and toque and hopped in front of them
and flashed them a huge smile.
"Oh THERE she is!!", one exclaimed. "Look at the smile on her
face while everyone around her is freezing!"

I laughed. Ahhh, my reputation is still intact.

"Oh, don't be such a grumbly bear!" I said.
"Doesn't this weather just make you feel *alive*?!?!"

I got a few Disapproving Stares (tm). Heh. Yay me!
Contrary to my own popular opinion of myself, I sometimes care what
other people think. And as long as they're thinking that I'm Odd (tm),
I'm pretty much alright with that. ;)