Sunday, January 01, 2006

the new year

the new year has begun... one hour and a few minutes ago we blinked our way into 2006... and on the third day of the new year i will be burying my grandfather...
4:30am on december 30th my granddad died...
today i came back to my mum's house, only having spent 3 days @ home...
but i knew i would have to come back before the year ended. i was ready to return... i didn't put the suitcases away, i didn't unpack the dog's bag, i didn't hang up unused clothes nor put my toiletries away... i knew i would have to come back...
tonight we went through piles and piles of photographs of my granddad sorting them into categories for a video someone is making as part of the funeral service...
it was good to see him as he was... as i remember him... as he will always be in my head...
funerals will never be easy but i have this feeling inside me that this one will be peaceful... he will be laid to rest next to my grandmum and at last they will be together again... and i can just hear her right now saying "louis! what took you so long?" haha... i love my grandpa and i will miss him dearly...