Tuesday, October 25, 2005

optomism - its for the blerghs!

i've never been an optimistic person. i have always been a realist. that doesn't say though, that i can't be quite a relaxed and laid-back person. being a "pessimist", as i would be labeled doesn't mean getting all gothy, slitting my wrists and writing uber bad poetry. yes, in that order. trust me when i say the world has seen ENOUGH bad poetry to last through the ages. i can write a horrific line just like the next emo-kid, but let's be real. does ANYONE really care? i don't think so. (ha, there's my anti-optomistic side coming out) around people that i consider good good friends, i let down my guard slowly and allow them in to see part of the real me; who the me is that's under all of this hyper activity, noise and aggressiveness. i can be kind, i can be caring, i can be compassionate, i can be empathic, i can be patient, i can be... dun dun dunnnnn... optomisitc. it is quite calculated though. if you look further down at all the 'personality' tests that i have taken, and just bluddy well knowing myself, you can see that i am a very rational and logical person. i function primarily in my left brain @ 55% while i am only in my right mind 45% of the time. (that can explain SO MUCH!!! ha!)

at any rate, let's cut to the chase. no more missy nice-pants. optomistic people fucking annoy the ever-living shit outta me. par example... in every cloud, there's a silver lining. hmmm, let's look at this shall we? now, i can't be certain that EVERY cloud has a silver lining can i? one. that's a lot of silver. two. if i were able to see the silver lining in every cloud that would also mean that i was plummeting @ about a ba-billion km/h to my death. im not certain silver-lined clouds are quite worth the fat girl getting splatted. a classic cliche... a euphamistic phrase... a basic load of crap... translation: "dude, that's some shit you got goin' on there, better you than me". which is what we're really thinking isn't it? let's not baste the rat and call it a turkey, mmmkay?

my friend melissa said to me the other day after i made some cynical remark about something totally inconsequential. "you are my favourite person!!! you just have no problem saying what everyone else is only thinking, i love that about you". the other day she relayed a story to me about the time i told her a friend of mine purchased some leather pants. i said "why would _i_ buy leather pants? imma fat girl! i mean... that's like skinning the cow and then stuffing it again!"... optomistically, i guess im a funny realist. *snork*... its better than being a bluddy optomistic git!